If there's anything I've been become obsessed with in the past few months it's skincare. I LOVE trying out new products and it definitely doesn't help that i'm a beauty box junkie so I am always trying out new products. I haven't quite found my perfect skincare routine but I am getting pretty close. I thought I'd put this post together to show you all 10 ways I try and get better skin.
1. Cleanse - Removing make-up and dirt from your face is essential. I used to swear by make-up wipes and then by micellar wipes but now I have a full cleansing routine. I still use micellar water (I'd recommend either the Simple micellar water or Garnier micellar water) and then I finish off my cleansing routine with the Liz Earle cleanse and polish. I find that the Liz Earle cleanse and polish really helps remove all traces of make-up on my skin and leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean and hydrated.
2. Tone - I don't do this often but if I've worn a lot of make-up I'll make sure I use a toner on my face and I'd 100% recommend Pixi glow tonic. If you love your skincare this is a great product for you as it really leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh. The glow tonic helps even out skintone for a brighter, clearer, complexion and gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells.
3. Exfoliate - I only started exfoliating just before christmas (bad I know) but I just thought with your skincare routine you needed to remove your make-up and moisturise. I discovered the Liz Earle gentle face exfoliator which I use about twice a week now on my skin. If you're someone who is spot prone i'd recommend doing this everyday to keep your skin fresh. This really helps rejuvenate my skin and keep it looking lively.
4. Moisturise - I can't stress how important moisturising is for your skin. Moisturising leaves your skin feeling more comfortable and supple and look brighter. I think if you've got oily skin I would stay away from moisturising too often though! I personally have normal/dry skin and I find moisturising everyday helps my skin feel more alive and my make-up will apply a lot better once I've moisturised my face. Also, when you wake up in the morning your skin will feel plump and smooth too. I use either the Medik8 Skin Balancing Mattifying Moisturiser (this stuff smells like starbursts) or the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser and both these moisturisers leave my skin feeling rejuvenated, more plump and smooth.
5. Face Masks - I think I'm having a little bit of an unhealthy addiction to using face masks at the moment! I love using about two (sometimes three!) a week. I think it's due to being in my final year at university all I want to do is pamper myself when I'm feeling stressed. I really love using the Liz Earle brightening treatment mask for a quick fix (as this only takes 2 minutes) to give my skin that extra little boost. If I want to do a 10 minute face mask though, one of my favourite mask to use is the Medik8 pore refining mask which helps refine my pores and leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and soft.
What I like about this Medik8 pore refining mask is you can use it as often as you like as it's so gentle on your skin. I also love using the Sanctuary Spa 5 minute thermal detox mask (which is a total steal at £10) from Boots. This mask is great for all skin types and I really like using this when I've had a super long day and my skin needs some TLC. You have to wet your face first then apply the face mask and it heats up your face (weird but seriously good!) it leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and looking really bright.
6. Serum - I learnt from one of my best friends Annoush how important using serums on your face are and there's only one serum I use at the moment and it's the Medik8 Advanced Night Serum. It feels so strange adding oil to your face but it really works. I use this twice a week at the moment and then after a couple of weeks it suggests using it every other day, then everyday. I am still in the using it twice a week phase and I'm impressed with this so far. It leaves my skin feeling oily but when I wake up in the morning after using it, my skin feels great. This serum helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots, creating more youthful appearing skin.
What products do you use in your everyday skin care routine? Have you tried any of these products out?