Impromptu blog posts are the best sort of blog posts right? I recently posted about my thoughts about fashion blogging and how it's changed compared to when I first started blogging. If you missed that post you can check it out here. I had so many tweets about this post and a few of you left comments too and it was so nice for you all to give me feedback and for you to agree with some of the comments I made.
I've been a 'blogger' for 6 years now (yes I'm ancient in blogging land) and I'm proud of what my little space on the internet has done. I was lucky enough to be invited on a press trip to Copenhagen a couple of years ago and I never thought my little blog could do something like that as I love travelling. Blogging does have it's downsides and the expectations about being a blogger these days have just got higher and higher since I first began this blog. So I thought I'd share with you all today 7 things I don't enjoy about being a blogger.
1. The pressure to lead the 'perfect life' - With this blog I be as honest as possible and you'll only read about the experiences I had, beauty products I love and fashion items i've been wearing. Blogging right now has become quite unrealistic in the sense all people think bloggers lead 'perfect' lives as that's all you see on an Instagram feed or photos posted on a blog. I'm a final year student, I have 5 weeks left of my degree, I spend my life in the library and I don't cook myself fresh meals all the time sometimes a microwave meal is all I have time for. I'm not leading the life of riley and avocado on toast every morning.
2. To try all the new beauty products going - There are new release of beauty products every week. I think because your readers think you're a blogger you get sent all these things for free, but you really don't. 90% of the products you see on my blog are products I've picked up myself (unless it's a beauty box as I'm an ambassador for them) and I only feature products I like. I don't have endless amounts of money to spend £15 on that latest foundation release.
3. That you have to have all the latest gadgets - Bloggers nowadays all seem to have the latest cameras, iPhone 6S, go pros the lot. But what if you don't earn that sort of money? You just have to make do. I have an iPhone 5S and the front camera doesn't work properly, you just have to work with the products you have. What I don't like is the pressure to have all the latest gadgets just to keep up with the latest trends.
4. That you don't feel pressure to create content - As much as I love writing content for my blog, featuring products and brands I love I do feel pressurised sometimes. To write about the beauty box as it's come out two days ago, to write about the latest product release I have just because nobody else has yet. What I've learnt is that you should just go with what you want to do. Blog because you love it, write content you enjoy because if you don't enjoy writing it your readers won't enjoy reading it.
5. That you don't have down days - Since beginning this blog I've had major surgery twice, been diagnosed with depression and anxiety along with having many other illnesses along the way. I'm not ashamed of it, that's life. I try and show the best bits of my life on this blog but sometimes you will have a down day, nobody is perfect. What you read online is a small percentage of what's happened in someones day.
6. To have a photographer at hand to take outfit photos - I have and always used a tripod when it's come to taking outfit photos on my blog in the past couple of years. I don't have the time (or money) to have a photographer, find pretty locations to take those instagrammable outfit shots.
7. That you don't disclose your sponsored content - Firstly, I feel so lucky every I receive an email to work with a brand/company on a sponsored content basis. You don't receive the same amount of money for each post you do and it varies for up to 90 working days to whether you'll receive that money. I spend a lot more money working on my blog, buying products to try out and feature so anything I earn from this hobby I love is a bonus. I disclose all content which is a sponsored opportunity.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that some of you can relate to these points!